#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Will Kafka be part of the Splunk product in the future?

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

I heard recently that Kafka will be part of the Splunk solution in the future. Is it right? What would be its role?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

coccyx
Path Finder

The company will not comment on futures publicly. For these types of questions, you should your sales rep to speak to someone in product who can answer the question.

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you are looking for a way to index Kafka data in Splunk Enterprise or Splunk Cloud, you can get Splunk Connect for Kafka already. See the Unleashing Data Ingestion from Apache Kafka blog post.

Were you asking about something else?

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

Hi @ChrisG - that's exactly it - using Kafka as a layer between the data sources and the indexing layer.

alt text

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

@ChrisG - the question is whether Kafka will be part of the Splunk product in the near future.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

That's a pretty vague question...in what way? To do what? Do you mean as part of the platform? In any case, coccyx is right: if you have roadmap questions, talk to your sales rep to see what information they can share.

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

-- Do you mean as part of the platform?

Right, similar to MongoDB and python which are embedded in the product.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...