#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

What are the best things to do at .conf?

jaredlaney
Contributor

Splunk .conf is next week and I'm just wondering what is the best way to take advantage of the conference/venue?

Tags (3)

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Dont forget to stop by the Splunk Cloud booth!

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

one of my personal favorites is the Gamer Lounge 🙂

http://conf.splunk.com/agenda/activities.html#gamer-lounge

lguinn2
Legend

First - attend the keynotes! (And don't be late, it's not nice.)

Second - pick sessions that look interesting to you. There are always more than I can fit into my schedule! A few popular sessions will repeat, watch for those!

Third - don't miss the social activities: the Search Party! and the Partner Pavilion and the SPLing Bee. These are fun, plus great opportunities to meet people that you only know online!

Fourth - Have a Splunk question that's bugging you? Come hang out at the Query Bar or the Answers booth and let's talk about it. Don't leave without saying hello!

lguinn2
Legend

Wow, just looked at the number of exclamation points in that post. I think I must be excited to go to .conf 2015!

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

this isn't really the right place to ask, but it's a good question, so i'll leave it up until .conf is over 😄

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Also, Splunk schwag! There will be a store if you don't get enough free stuff!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What is the right place to ask?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

that's kind of why i left it up here--not really a better place, per se.

however, there's a Slack Chat instance where some folks are hanging out, and there's a channel there for discussing/planning stuff for .conf 2015--if you email pie at splunk dot com with your full name, company name, and the email address you'd like me to use, i will send you an invite. 🙂

0 Karma

jaredlaney
Contributor

lol. Is that better?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...