#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

There seems to be a spam wave hitting the site - How do I flag posts as such to notify admins?

rkent
Explorer

P.S. Who are the site admins? is there an introductory page on Splunk Answers that I should read first?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is a gear at the top right of the Question. Click it, then click "Report". Mods will handle it. Thanks so much for contributing to the community!

As for Introductory page, not that I know of. We should probably have that. There is a discussion on up/down votes here: http://answers.splunk.com/answers/244111/proper-etiquette-and-timing-for-voting-here-on-ans.html. It's not law, but does cover some interesting points.

View solution in original post

rkent
Explorer

As per Murphy's Law (or one of his cousin's), I figured that part out immediately after posting the question.

I'm tagging 'em, and someone seems to be bagging 'em.

0 Karma

ppablo
Retired

Hey there @rkent

Thanks for caring about this community space 🙂 I'm one of the Answers moderators and admins and we're definitely aware of the crazy wave of spam posts coming in recently. We're working with the developers of the site to filter out the spam posts and tackle the base of the issue.

For now, the other admins and I are monitoring all activity during the work day to not only delete spam posts, but also ban the spam user accounts, usually within 1-10 minutes of them going live. You're actually not seeing hundreds of daily posts that are getting caught by the filters that we see and we're suspending the spam accounts asap.

Thanks for your patience while we get this handled and big thanks to all the moderators for using your spam hammers to their utmost potential 🙂

Sincerely Spam Hammering,
Patrick

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

heh, that'd be me. I'm an early EST worker. 😄

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is a gear at the top right of the Question. Click it, then click "Report". Mods will handle it. Thanks so much for contributing to the community!

As for Introductory page, not that I know of. We should probably have that. There is a discussion on up/down votes here: http://answers.splunk.com/answers/244111/proper-etiquette-and-timing-for-voting-here-on-ans.html. It's not law, but does cover some interesting points.

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please Accept the answer if it answers the question. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...