#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

How can I transfer my karma points from one Splunk account to another one?

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'm sure I've seen answer to this before but I cannot find it.

Can I transfer karma points on SplunkAnswers from 1 account to another one? Will that transfer the author of the posts I've made or just the karma points?
And if so who do I contact/how do I start the process?

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Quoting niketnilay:

Based on whether you need to change
your user id or email or both you
should try reaching out either
answers-support@splunk.com or
support@splunk.com.

EDIT: This was finally successful, all karma, followed questions, posts were moved to my new account

View solution in original post

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Quoting niketnilay:

Based on whether you need to change
your user id or email or both you
should try reaching out either
answers-support@splunk.com or
support@splunk.com.

EDIT: This was finally successful, all karma, followed questions, posts were moved to my new account

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This was finally successful, all karma, followed questions, posts were moved to my new account

0 Karma

logloganathan
Motivator

very simple..if you have another account splunk. just post a question in Splunk.

there is option called "award reward point" where you can transfer the karma point to another account.

Please award some point if you have more 🙂

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe there is a cap on that might work for a smaller number of points...

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@garethatiag you are so popular with this id, if you change how would we follow you 😛

Based on whether you need to change your user id or email or both you should try reaching out either answers-support@splunk.com or support@splunk.com.

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Ideally I'd rename my username but I think I've read that is not possible, do you know if that has changed ?

Thanks for the info, I wasn't sure if the support address was the right one, and I was unaware of the answers-support email...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...