Product News & Announcements
All the latest news and announcements about Splunk products. Subscribe and never miss an update!

Observability Highlights | March 2022 Newsletter

LesediK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Back to March 2022 Newsletter

22-22471-Customer Success Monthly Account Newsletter-101-observ-01.jpg

Observability Support Update

Beginning March 16, 2022, the world-class Splunk Observability Support Portal is moving from SignalFx over to Splunk Salesforce.

What does this mean if I’m a NEW customer?

Trial or POC users:

Customers:

• Opening a new case: Customers may use the Splunk Support Portal or call Customer Service
  • Accessing the Splunk Support Portal: From this link, or by clicking on Support and Community within the Observability Suite. *
  • Chat: No change (accessed from within the product)

What does this mean for EXISTING customers?

• All open cases will be migrated to the Splunk Support Portal.
  • New cases cannot be created by emailing. observability-support@splunk.com or signalfx-support@splunk.com. They will receive an automated response suggesting other routes to get support (Splunk Support Portal or Customer Service).
  • Access the Splunk Support Portal: From this link, or by clicking on Support and Community within the Observability Suite. *
  • Chat: No change (accessed from within the product)

*Don’t forget that your Observability login is NOT the same as your  Splunk Support Portal login. You will need to create a Splunk account (if you don’t already have one) to access your cases. The  “Working with Support” deck explains how to register and submit a support case. 

Splunk_Newsletter_Spacebar.pngRadiusTrust-Observability--Customer Success Monthly Account Newsletter-101_800x200-body1.jpg Splunk_Newsletter_Spacebar.png

Infrastructure Monitoring

Splunk Observability Cloud now supports adding an optional message on charts when relevant active metrics are not found

You can now add an optional message on graph charts, heatmap charts, list charts, and single value charts to indicate when metrics used in a chart either don’t exist or are inactive. More detailed documentation is available here.

Application Performance Monitoring

Monitor & Alert through Custom Monitoring MetricSets in Splunk APM

You can now create custom Monitoring MetricSets in Splunk APM with indexed span tags as custom dimensions to glean meaningful insights about your services in real time. Just like with default Monitoring MetricSets, you can also leverage custom Monitoring MetricSets to create custom charts, dashboards, and detectors to keep track of what matters most to your team. Learn more here.

There is always a lot to talk about at Splunk! Every month we share timely news and announcements through our Platform, Security and Observability highlights newsletters.

Sharing is caring! Feel free to share the newsletter with your colleagues.

Until next month,

Happy Splunking!

Back to March 2022 Newsletter

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...