Monitoring Splunk

website monitoring: Splunk SH monitoring

smpramod
Engager

Hi,

Could anyone tell me how to monitor SHs using website monitoring app that installed in HF.

I am getting below error

uiHelper submitValueEdit operator failed for endpoint_base=data/inputs/web_ping

Please let me know if any proxy details or other details are to be added (we are able to ping SH urls from HF manually).

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
What is the original problem you are trying to solve by monitoring your search heads? Have you tried writing an alert on the logs or using Monitoring Console?
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

smpramod
Engager

Hi,

I am trying to configure SHs url to check the response time and code so that will create alerts and dashboards on top to see if there's any latency/ crossing the threshold limit when SHs url response time.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
How are you defining "url response time"? The response time of a search head can vary wildly depending on what the SH is asked to do.
---
0 Karma

smpramod
Engager

Hi,

we just want to check SHs like regular website, how it respond.. 

Yes, the SHs response time will vary but want to check on a trend how it is available to users..

We just want to check the availability of SHs and its response time trend.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I believe you can get response times from the logs.  Try this:

index=_internal source="*splunkd_ui_access.log" host="sh*" | rex "(?<responseTime>\d+)ms" | stats avg(responseTime) by host

Availability can be seen using this query.

| tstats prestats=t count where index=_internal host="sh*" by _time,host | timechart span=1h count by host

---

smpramod
Engager

Hi,

This helps and can be able to see response time.

Thanks for the query.

But this help only the configured SH details that can be searched from any SH.

And so we would like to know any SH that can be configured through website monitor to check response time.

Ex: https://shdetails:8000 want to configure in website monitor to check the response of this website url.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...