Monitoring Splunk

maxfiles in limits.conf

mzorzi
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I can see the maxfiles parameter in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/default/limits.conf for Splunk 4.1.4 , but it is not described anywhere not even in the limits.conf.spec.

Is it the same than max_fds ? Is that something that can be modified manually? The value associated , 64, seems quiet low.

1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is not the same as max_fd, and please note that it is important to indicate which section of a configuration a parameter is in. It should not be necessary to increase this parameter.

View solution in original post

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It is not the same as max_fd, and please note that it is important to indicate which section of a configuration a parameter is in. It should not be necessary to increase this parameter.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...