Monitoring Splunk

btool app line breaking issues

sbattista09
Contributor

any one else having issues when testing the btool app on a UF where the events are signal line and not merged by stanza? I am having no luck using BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE = \[

Current default props.conf:

[source::*/bin/btool.sh*]
DATETIME_CONFIG = CURRENT
BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE = ^.*?\/etc\/(apps|system|slave-apps)\/(?:(.*?)\/)?(default|local)\/(?<file>\w+\.conf)\s+\[(?<stanza>.+?)\]$

[splunk:config:btool:app]
EXTRACT-btool = (?<SPLUNK_HOME>.*?)/etc/(?<app_folder>apps|master-apps|slave-apps)/(?<app>[^/]*)/(default|local)/(?<file>\w+\.conf)\s+\[(?<stanza>.+)\]

# hack for sourcetype wildcards
# c.f https://answers.splunk.com/answers/8505/is-it-possible-to-use-wildcards-in-sourcetype-props-conf-sta...
# c.f. SPL-117030
[(?::){0}splunk:config:btool:*]
EXTRACT-btool = etc/((apps|master-apps|slave-apps)/)?[^/]+/(default|local)/(?<file>\w+\.conf)\s+\[(?<stanza>.+?)\]
Tags (2)
0 Karma

cyrillefranchet
Explorer

Did you find any solution? I don't see why this isn't working properly.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

If the events are single-line then you should be using the default LINE_BREAKER Also, if you are pulling in the output from btool, then be aware that there are some GREAT apps out there that help you to do this:

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/apps/#/search/btool/

0 Karma

sbattista09
Contributor

config quest would be amazing if it was for universal forwarders. My question above is for the Btool Scripted Inputs for Splunk.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

URL for what you are doing? Several of us have no clue for context.

0 Karma

sbattista09
Contributor

i am trying to find out what servers have local input.conf files that are not being pushed out from our deployment server. I would like to use something like the btool app so we can grab the stanzas and wrap them up into a deployment app then, have the server admins remove the local inputs.conf configs.

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Give this a try

[source::*/bin/btool.sh*]
 DATETIME_CONFIG = CURRENT
 SHOULD_LINEMEREGE = false
 LINE_BREAKER= ([\r\n]+)(?<.*?\/etc\/(apps|system|slave-apps))
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How are you running btool? What output are you expecting?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

sbattista09
Contributor

with the btool app, its using scripts called from inputs.conf.

################################
# Btool Scripted Input
################################

[script://./bin/btool.sh inputs]
interval = 140
sourcetype = splunk:config:btool:inputs
disabled = 0
index = test

[script://./bin/btool.sh outputs]
interval = 140
sourcetype = splunk:config:btool:outputs
disabled = 0
index = test

[script://./bin/btool.sh app]
interval = 140
sourcetype = splunk:config:btool:app
disabled = 0
index = test
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...