Monitoring Splunk

Why does monitoring console show searchhead as down?

mmoermans
Path Finder

Our Monitoring Console on the DMC/License Master shows the Search Head as down in Topology and in Overview.
When clicking further it shows as Up on some of the other screens but not all panels are filled in Resource monitoring / performance of the SH server.

The search head runs just fine and is sending license information through to the LM. No errors occur in the Splunk logs that show an issue.

What could be the issue?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

Try this: Go into the Monitoring Console set up page - check that everything is okay - and click Apply Changes. Even if you don't change anything, click on Apply Changes (or save or whatever it is called in your version.)

Perhaps something changed along the way (who knows what) and the Monitoring Console settings just need to be refreshed.
I have had this problem a few times.

Let us know if that doesn't work.

View solution in original post

mmoermans
Path Finder

Fixed it by editing the assets.csv in the monitoring console app.
The "Apply Changes" fix might work as well (see above).

0 Karma

soumyasaha25
Contributor

can you please specify what editing was required to fix it

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Try this: Go into the Monitoring Console set up page - check that everything is okay - and click Apply Changes. Even if you don't change anything, click on Apply Changes (or save or whatever it is called in your version.)

Perhaps something changed along the way (who knows what) and the Monitoring Console settings just need to be refreshed.
I have had this problem a few times.

Let us know if that doesn't work.

tgrogan_stack
Explorer

This solution works in 8.2.2.1 as well....thanks for this, I was about to pull hair.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...