Monitoring Splunk

What is "AQR" and why is it throwing warning messages in splunkd.log?

lycollicott
Motivator

Is it Automatic Query Retry?

I have lots of these errors in splunkd.log:

WARN UserManagerPro - AQR not supported and user=nobody information not found in cache
1 Solution

jlove_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

AQR= attributeQueryRequest

Look at authentication.conf. spec page and remove the ones that are AQR specific, then reload auth. That may help with the "AQR not supported" messages. typically what happens is the password manager will fill in a username/password, and it'll try to query AQR when the IdP doesn't support it.,AQR = Attribute Query Response
look at authentication.conf. spec page and remove the ones that are AQR specific, then reload auth. That may help with the "AQR not supported" messages

typically what happens is their password manager will fill in a username/password, and it'll try to query AQR when the IdP doesn't support it.

View solution in original post

jlove_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

AQR= attributeQueryRequest

Look at authentication.conf. spec page and remove the ones that are AQR specific, then reload auth. That may help with the "AQR not supported" messages. typically what happens is the password manager will fill in a username/password, and it'll try to query AQR when the IdP doesn't support it.,AQR = Attribute Query Response
look at authentication.conf. spec page and remove the ones that are AQR specific, then reload auth. That may help with the "AQR not supported" messages

typically what happens is their password manager will fill in a username/password, and it'll try to query AQR when the IdP doesn't support it.

noy72

I am experiencing this while trying to save the configuration for the Cisco eStreamer app. Error = -0800 WAN UserManagerPro - AQR not supported and user=nobody information not found in cache.

Really need this app to work
Thank you

0 Karma

CMSchelin
Path Finder

Some 3rd party company that provides Panda, perhaps?

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/MLApp/2.4.0/User/Thirdpartysoftwarecredits

lycollicott
Motivator

I'm not sure Panda is involved in user management, is it?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...