Monitoring Splunk

There are currently no forwarders configured as deployment clients to this instance

szone
Engager

hi.

I have a splunk server that is on windows and a vmware that windows on it too for forwarding data from vmware to host system. I read documents and do it step by step to  install and configure the universal forwarder on vm . the ports for receiver on two machines are open with firewall rules. but when i add data to splunk server the message show "There are currently no forwarders configured as deployment clients to this instance" and i search more but not fixed. 

there are solution for this subject on this community but not work for me. please help. thanks.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

HI

couple of questions as I didn't get those from your question.

• Are configured that UF as Deployment client for splunk server or just add it with local configurations?
  • Have you configure splunk server's monitoring console part and add forwarders monitoring there?
  • Have you gotten any internal logs from UF to server?
  • Can you share your UF's outputs.conf, inputs.conf, deploymentclient.conf and serverclass.conf from you server and UF?

r. Ismo 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...