Monitoring Splunk

Splunkd Health Status - Search Scheduler - Search Lag & Delay

anirbandasdeb
Path Finder

Hello all, On the splunkd health report, what is the difference between Search Lag & Delay? [ref: https://docs.splunk.com/images/e/ee/Splunkd_health_report_8.0.0.png]

Our deployment has a high number of savedsearches that trigger on cron (every 5m, 15m, 30m, 1h etc) and we are working to minimise the concurrency by introducing Scheduler Window & Skew.
I know exactly which searches are triggering beyond the scheduled time (dispatch_time - scheduled_time from the scheduler.log) and which searches are skipping.
But I do not understand what Splunk signifies as Lag & Delay in terms of searches..

I have gone through the $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/health.log & server/health/splunkd/details API endpoints but they give the same messages as the Health Indicator.. Thanks in advance!

0 Karma

janroc
Explorer

Hi,

There is an app on splunkbase named Alerts For Splunk Admins.

Have you tried the app to find the slowness?

Regards Jan

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...