Monitoring Splunk

Splunk queries

pacifikn
Communicator

Greetings!!!

Kindly help me to more understand  the purpose of fine-tune queries? based on your experience? 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

pacifikn
Communicator

Dear @richgalloway  Thank you so much for your response and the time,

But what I wanted to know is that in my opinion, we use search queries to fetch data from indexers, and sometimes we finetune it(or change it) based on what we want to get, like reducing the noise of false positives by getting only the information you need, I wanted to know more information about this and its explanations.

BUT I have got the link with more details and it answered my concerns:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.1/Search/Aboutoptimization

Thank you again!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Only you and/or your supervisor know why you want to do that and what you hope to gain from it.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

pacifikn
Communicator

Dear @richgalloway 

Let's say like this,  help me to more understand the purpose of fine-tune queries? based on your experience?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
One tunes Splunk queries for the same reason one tunes a car or a piano - so it performs better.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

pacifikn
Communicator

Dear @richgalloway  Thank you so much for your response and the time,

But what I wanted to know is that in my opinion, we use search queries to fetch data from indexers, and sometimes we finetune it(or change it) based on what we want to get, like reducing the noise of false positives by getting only the information you need, I wanted to know more information about this and its explanations.

BUT I have got the link with more details and it answered my concerns:

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.1.1/Search/Aboutoptimization

Thank you again!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...