Monitoring Splunk

How to troubleshoot Splunk not running on web interface?

sarashafek
Explorer

Hello,

I've been running splunk on VMware since March this year, which is connected to a pfSense. I recently checked on it and I'm not able to acces the web interface anymore (http://localhost:8000)

I've been reading some posts about how some ports need to be opened. I'm not sure if I would have to do it on the pfSense since it was already working early on without needing to open the ports.

How should I continue with the troubleshooting?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Sara

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

HathMH
Path Finder

How did you troubleshoot this? 
I have 3 splunk instances down with this same issue

0 Karma

sarashafek
Explorer

I should preface by saying that I'm using splunk in a test setting so I'm not worried about data loss.  I would say there won't be but I'm not 100% sure. 

I depackaged splunk again, reinstalled it and ran it. It worked after that. 

0 Karma

Stefanie
Builder

Are there any logs within splunkd.log that might suggest it does not have access to the port anymore? There should be some information in Splunkd.log as you restart it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...