Monitoring Splunk

Run MC Health Checks on scheduled basis and email results?

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Is there an easy/supported way to have the health checks on the Monitoring Console be run on a schedule and create alerts of any kind (e.g. email) so that it can be automatic?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

thormanrd
Path Finder

Best thing to do IMHO is deploy your searches as your own app and expose them through Splunk Secure Gateway to the Splunk Mobile app or Splunk TV.  It works great and has kept me out of trouble several times.  

0 Karma

larskintyre

Sure you could do that, but then you'd have to maintain those searches over time as splunk updates change/add checks.

0 Karma

skalliger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hey,

have you tried to copy the searches from the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_monitoring_console/default/checklist.conf config manually? You have to adjust a few things (like replacing the macro) but the searches should work just fine after that.

Skalli

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...