Monitoring Splunk

Performance impact on using max_rawsize_perchunk in limits.conf

priyg96

Hi everyone,
I am indexing 3000 large JSON events at a time in Splunk, but when I hit the Splunk query, it gives me below error:
"Events may not be returned in sub-second order due to search memory limits configured in limits.conf".

To resolve this issue, I added max_rawsize_perchunk = 400000000 in my /local/limits.conf as given in the below link:
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/90576/what-does-events-may-not-be-returned-in-sub-second-order-du...

But the query is giving a very slow performance and dashboards are taking a long time to load the data. Are there any parameters which I can use to increase the dashboard performance? Or is there any alternative of max_rawsize_perchunk since it is reducing the dashboard performance to a great extent?

Thanks

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

The best way to fix this is just to re-sort them when the come back from your search and not bother changing any settings. Just add this:

... | sort 0 - _time

None of this will speed up your search, which is a whole other thing. We cannot help you if you do not show us your SPL.

0 Karma

aakif
Engager

I have added max_rawsize_perchunk = 400000000 but still getting same error and search is also very slow.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...