Monitoring Splunk

Monitoring Splunkd CPU utilization for windows universal forwarder?

Siddharth
Path Finder

Hi All ,

We need to monitor the CPU utilization of Splunkd. we have installed splunk UF on windows server and want to continuously monitor the CPU Utilization used by splunk uf which is installed on windows servers 

Thanks a lot in advance for the help  

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Siddharth,

I suppose that you already configured your UF to send logs to your Indexers and that you already created an index to archive your data.

So, you have to install in that UF also the Splunk_TA_Windows Add-On (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/742) enabling the CPU utilization metrics.

Then you can run a search with cpu utilization that you can find in many apps as Splunk Monitoring Infrastructure dashboard app (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/5306) or others.

If you don't find anything that solves your need, I'll send you a dashboard.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Siddharth
Path Finder

Hi @gcusello 

Thanks for the reply but the problem with this solution is it will provide me the overall cpu utilization of the server but i need the cpu utilization of splunkd process on this server not the complete cpu utilization 

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @Siddharth,

one of the scripts in the above Add-On (it should be "top") gives your the CPU utilization for each process, so you can filter the results for the "splunkd" process.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

Siddharth
Path Finder

Hi @gcusello  ,

This is a windows monitoring not the linux monitoring if you can help me with windows add-on it would be great 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...