Monitoring Splunk

Monitor netwokr

dangtran
Explorer

Good day for everybody
May be share me about that:
Do we have the application look like cacti (monitor traffic each of interface cisco) on splunk.
Thank

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Not really.

Cacti works by polling your devices (normally via SNMP) to obtain data a periodic intervals, and then rendering this data into charts.

Whilst Splunk 'can be made' to do this, its not out of the box functionality.

You could take a look at Splunk Stream
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1809/
This will allow you to capture statistics on traffic volumes which the stream process can see, but it can also be configured to receive net-flow etc traffic. If your network devices support these protocols this may be of some use, but again its not out of the box.

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nickhills
Ultra Champion

Not really.

Cacti works by polling your devices (normally via SNMP) to obtain data a periodic intervals, and then rendering this data into charts.

Whilst Splunk 'can be made' to do this, its not out of the box functionality.

You could take a look at Splunk Stream
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1809/
This will allow you to capture statistics on traffic volumes which the stream process can see, but it can also be configured to receive net-flow etc traffic. If your network devices support these protocols this may be of some use, but again its not out of the box.

If my comment helps, please give it a thumbs up!
0 Karma

dangtran
Explorer

I clearly the concept.
Thank you for your Answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...