Monitoring Splunk

Monitor Concurrent Searches

aferone
Builder

Every once in a while, we will get this message, and I understand it.

I would like to run a periodic search, add it to a summary index, and chart against it so that I can see when it happens historically.

I have read through some of the answers here, but I am wondering if there is just a Splunk search that will spit out the number of concurrent searches happening at that time. Does that exist? Since the error shows a number, I am assuming it is possible?

Thanks!

alt text

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try something like this

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd source=*metrics.log group=search_concurrency "system total" 
        | timechart max(active_hist_searches) as "Historical Searches" min(active_realtime_searches) as "Real-time Searches" by host
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...