Monitoring Splunk

Minimum Free Disk Space Reached

sidthesloth98

I've Just set-up a new Single Instance Splunk Server (Version 7.3.2) on a VM with 200GB of space. I've not set up any indexes/searches/apps etc I've literally only run the installer and logged in to the web page.

Why am I getting the following error when I have so much free space on the VM?

"The minimum free disk space (5000MB) reached for /opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatch"

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Have you checked how that 200GB is configured in the VM's filesystem? Could it be that /opt is on a separate partition or so, and as such not able to make use of the full 200GB?

What does the df -h command tell you?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Have you checked how that 200GB is configured in the VM's filesystem? Could it be that /opt is on a separate partition or so, and as such not able to make use of the full 200GB?

What does the df -h command tell you?

0 Karma

ivanreis
Builder

the space for dispatch files is full. It is possible that splunk is not able to cleanup the files that is being generated, check this article, this will assist you to cleanup the dispatch directory or even adjust the limits.conf for this configuration.
-> https://answers.splunk.com/answers/389879/dispatch-directory-is-full-how-do-we-clear-it-up.html

0 Karma

sidthesloth98

As was said above, it was a problem with my partitions. I resized the partition and it now works perfectly

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...