Monitoring Splunk

In Metrics.log group=searchscheduler what is the meaning of the "eligible" metric?

fwump38

In Splunk Enterprise when looking at the metrics.log with the searchscheduler group there is a metric for "eligible" but I can't find out what this indicates.

index=_internal source=*metrics.log group=searchscheduler

For context this is on Splunk Enterprise 8.0.2006 Cloud and we have 3 search heads in a cluster.

I was able to find this documentation but in the section where it talks about groups there is nothing mentioning the searchscheduler group

Here's an example event:

09-29-2020 19:06:28.281 +0000 INFO  Metrics - group=searchscheduler, eligible=9, delayed=0, dispatched=0, skipped=0, total_lag=0, max_lag=0, window_max_lag=0, window_total_lag=0, max_running=3, actions_triggered=0, completed=3, total_runtime=21.251, max_runtime=19.212

The reason I am interested in this value is that when looking at all of the other metrics in this group (delegated, delegated_scheduled, delegated_waiting, dispatched, eligible, skipped, delayed, completed, actions_triggered) there was a noticeable dip in only the "eligible" metric during some periods where our alerts were not triggering actions. The dip in this metric affected only 2 out of 3 search heads.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Just guessing here, but I'd say "eligible" is the number of enabled scheduled searches on that search head.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...