Monitoring Splunk

In Metrics.log group=searchscheduler what is the meaning of the "eligible" metric?

fwump38

In Splunk Enterprise when looking at the metrics.log with the searchscheduler group there is a metric for "eligible" but I can't find out what this indicates.

index=_internal source=*metrics.log group=searchscheduler

For context this is on Splunk Enterprise 8.0.2006 Cloud and we have 3 search heads in a cluster.

I was able to find this documentation but in the section where it talks about groups there is nothing mentioning the searchscheduler group

Here's an example event:

09-29-2020 19:06:28.281 +0000 INFO  Metrics - group=searchscheduler, eligible=9, delayed=0, dispatched=0, skipped=0, total_lag=0, max_lag=0, window_max_lag=0, window_total_lag=0, max_running=3, actions_triggered=0, completed=3, total_runtime=21.251, max_runtime=19.212

The reason I am interested in this value is that when looking at all of the other metrics in this group (delegated, delegated_scheduled, delegated_waiting, dispatched, eligible, skipped, delayed, completed, actions_triggered) there was a noticeable dip in only the "eligible" metric during some periods where our alerts were not triggering actions. The dip in this metric affected only 2 out of 3 search heads.

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Just guessing here, but I'd say "eligible" is the number of enabled scheduled searches on that search head.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...