Monitoring Splunk

How to troubleshoot why Splunk performance decreased and images were not displaying in navigation menus for a certain day?

DonaldvdHoogenb
Path Finder

Hi fellow Splunkers,

On May 30, Splunk was very slow and was not showing any images in the navigation menus.
I would like to know from you if you can think of any reason why this was happening?
Does this occur every 30th day of the month, was it just a fluke, does it happen when your internet connection is weak, or maybe it happens when you have no encryption?
I have no clue, so I hope that one of you can provide me with Insights in why this was happening.

Thank you very much for your answer.
Kind regards,

Donald

0 Karma

raghu_vedic
Path Finder

Hi Donald ,

Convert the images into base 64 encode and replace it instead of URL then it will be very fast

DonaldvdHoogenb
Path Finder

Thanks for your answer. It only happened one time though and I never had any more problems since it happened.

0 Karma

splunkdevabhi
Explorer

Which version of Splunk do you use Donald?

0 Karma

DonaldvdHoogenb
Path Finder

Sorry for my late reaction, I use Splunk 6.4.0

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...