Monitoring Splunk

How to remove source on data summary?

quangtran
Explorer

Hi, I have the following problem: 

Screenshot 2022-12-22 134315.png

Is there any way to remove these garbage sources, after one wrong log push, I had a lot of these garbage sources

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @quangtran ,

You can logically (not physically) remove these data running a search where the results are the wrong events and adding at the end the "delete" command.

Remember that by default none user can delete events, so you have to enable the "can_delete" role for your user and I hint to remove this role from your account after events deleting.

As I said, you don't recover disk space because it's a logical deletion.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @quangtran ,

You can logically (not physically) remove these data running a search where the results are the wrong events and adding at the end the "delete" command.

Remember that by default none user can delete events, so you have to enable the "can_delete" role for your user and I hint to remove this role from your account after events deleting.

As I said, you don't recover disk space because it's a logical deletion.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @quangtranì,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...