Monitoring Splunk

How to fsck scan thaweddb folder?

goran_zivkovic
Explorer

According to official Troubleshooting documentation fscan command has "--thawed" switch in splunk 6.5.1 version also.
(http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.1/Troubleshooting/CommandlinetoolsforusewithSupport)

I tried to use it as:
splunk fsck scan --all-buckets-one-index --index-name=my_index ----thawed
and got response:
_ Unrecognized argument "--thawed"_

Any idea how to scan all thawed bucket without use external script and single bucket selection?
(splunk fsck scan --one-bucket --bucket-path=/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/my_index/thaweddb/db_1234567890/

0 Karma

goran_zivkovic
Explorer

Hi,

As I sad, I used ".. --index myindex" as described in help command, and got error "Unrecognized argument "--index""

0 Karma

goran_zivkovic
Explorer

Hi!

Seems that there are some errors on support page:

root@myserver# /opt/splunk/bin/splunk fsck scan --all-buckets-one-index --index myindex --thawed
Unrecognized argument "--index"

Also:
root@myserver# /opt/splunk/bin/splunk fsck --help

USAGE

Supported modes are: scan, repair, clear-bloomfilter, check-integrity, generate-hash-files

:= --one-bucket|--all-buckets-one-index|--all-buckets-all-indexes
[--index-name=] [--bucket-name=] [--bucket-path=]
[--include-hots]
[--local-id=] [--origin-guid=]
[--min-ET=] [--max-LT=]

goran_zivkovic
Explorer

Hi!

Little bash scripting can help:

for bucket_folder in ls -1 thawed_folder; do /opt/splunk/bin/splunk fsck scan --one-bucket --bucket-path=thawed_folder/$bucket_folder;done

🙂

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

Based on Command line tools for use with Support

We see -

alt text

Your --index-name=my_index doesn't look right...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...