Monitoring Splunk

How to find out how many license violations have occurred in the last 30 days in Splunk 6.2?

niklucky02
Explorer

I have installed Splunk 6.2 version and it shows a license violation under category 'license_window'. Is there any way we can find out how many violations have occurred in last 30 days in version 6.2?

0 Karma
1 Solution

phadnett_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The best way to do this is to monitor the 30 day License Usage Report View (LURV) in Settings > LIcensing > Usage Report > Previous 30 Days

View solution in original post

phadnett_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The best way to do this is to monitor the 30 day License Usage Report View (LURV) in Settings > LIcensing > Usage Report > Previous 30 Days

phadnett_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@niklucky02 You could use a search like this to see each time a warning occurs for the pool. You have 5 or more warnings in a rolling 30-day period before a violation for the pool occurs.

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd component=LMStackMgr "A warning has been recorded for all members"

niklucky02
Explorer

Thanks Phadnett! The query worked but it was showing 5 violations whereas my search didn;t lock out. Anyways, I will keep this query as the message is exactly what I was looking for.

niklucky02
Explorer

@phadnett: I see some variations in the number of violations messages that I see under LURV and the reason I posed this question. My question is there a pattern inside splunk logs on the license master server that would help me to see that I have violated 3 times in last 30 days or an alternate splunk query?

0 Karma

niklucky02
Explorer

Violation alerts under licensing tab are not consistent and it seems to retrieve those messages using REST API. Re-framing my earlier question, is there a way to track the number of violations from the splunk logs?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...