Monitoring Splunk

How to enable monitoring console via command line

xxmazurt

Hello,

I have a problem with finding where in configuration files should I change to enable monitoring console in my distributed environment.
Long story short:
I have distributed environment: a few indexers, a few search heads, cluster node.
I would like to configure for them monitoring console. I can do it via WebUI but in my case I would like to know which configuration file from command line should I edit in order to do the same. Could you help please ?

0 Karma
1 Solution

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @xxmazurt,

On which node would you like to setup monitoring console? Because splunk recommend it to setup on standalone search head which is not used for general purpose or you can setup on CM as well if CM is not heavily loaded.

As far as I know Monitoring Console configuration will be in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/distsearch.conf and $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_management_console/local/splunk_management_console_assets.conf

EDIT: After changing name from Splunk DMC to Monitoring Console it looks like app name changed from splunk_management_console to splunk_monitoring_console so in that case please check $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_monitoring_console/local/splunk_monitoring_console_assets.conf

View solution in original post

tro
Path Finder

Hello,

here you can find a steps which must be taken to setup distributed mode: https://community.splunk.com/t5/Monitoring-Splunk/Turn-on-Monitoring-Console-Distributed-Mode-via-CL...

Tags (1)
0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @xxmazurt,

On which node would you like to setup monitoring console? Because splunk recommend it to setup on standalone search head which is not used for general purpose or you can setup on CM as well if CM is not heavily loaded.

As far as I know Monitoring Console configuration will be in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/distsearch.conf and $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_management_console/local/splunk_management_console_assets.conf

EDIT: After changing name from Splunk DMC to Monitoring Console it looks like app name changed from splunk_management_console to splunk_monitoring_console so in that case please check $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_monitoring_console/local/splunk_monitoring_console_assets.conf

xxmazurt

Hi harsmarvania57,

Thank you for the answer. I found what I've been looking for at $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/splunk_monitoring_console

I have intention to put CM on master node.

0 Karma

Mayurmpatil
Path Finder

I guess below two files as well,

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_monitoring_console/lookups/assets.csv
/opt/splunk/etc/apps/splunk_monitoring_console/lookups/dmc_forwarder_assets.csv

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If my answer helped you then you can accept it and up vote my answer so that this question will be closed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...