Monitoring Splunk

How can I analyse splunk diag file unix UF

msplunk33
Path Finder

I am new to splunk. I received a splunk diag file for a UF. How can I open and  analysis the splunk diag file. Do I need splunk support for this. Any tool is available from splunk itself.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi @msplunk33 diag file generally we should not create from a UF.  The diag file contains info about the splunk environment for splunk support team to analyse. the UF does not contain all info the support team wanted. 

you can open the diag file and it will have info about your splunk configuration. UF's diag - it may not be of much use for ourselves. diag from indexer/SH only will be useful and that too, only splunk support team can utilize them. 

Do I need splunk support for this. Any tool is available from splunk itself >>> i think splunk support is needed and no tools available from splunk. 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.6/Troubleshooting/Generateadiag

(PS - i have given around 500+ karma points so far, received badge for that, if an answer helped you, a karma point would be nice!. we all should start "Learn, Give Back, Have Fun")

View solution in original post

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi @msplunk33 diag file generally we should not create from a UF.  The diag file contains info about the splunk environment for splunk support team to analyse. the UF does not contain all info the support team wanted. 

you can open the diag file and it will have info about your splunk configuration. UF's diag - it may not be of much use for ourselves. diag from indexer/SH only will be useful and that too, only splunk support team can utilize them. 

Do I need splunk support for this. Any tool is available from splunk itself >>> i think splunk support is needed and no tools available from splunk. 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.6/Troubleshooting/Generateadiag

(PS - i have given around 500+ karma points so far, received badge for that, if an answer helped you, a karma point would be nice!. we all should start "Learn, Give Back, Have Fun")

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...