Monitoring Splunk

Getting splunk health metrics to prometheus/grafana with grok_exporter

NOCSSMS
Explorer

Hello everyone!

I'm new to splunk, but I'd like to monitory my Splunk Enterprise instance with prometheus and grafana. I'd like to get system statistics about how many messages are ingested by the splunk process (with the sources as labels), what the internal health of the system is (various message queues), processing time for messages, lookup times for various external sources, etc.

I figured that one way of collecting such data would be by scraping various logs with grok_exporter and exporting the relevant metrics to a prometheus instance. However, I'm new to splunk and I don't know what the relevant logs are. Could you guys point me in the right direction?

I'd also like to scrape various warnings/errors generated by splunk (and also license usage messages) so that I can forward them to Alert Manager.

In my searches I did find this project https://github.com/ehershey/splunk-exporter, but it exports only the most basic data (splunk status as up or down).

Any advice is welcome!

Regards,

Adrian

Labels (1)
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...