Monitoring Splunk

Error STmgr - dir unexpected

MUmair_DOI
Engager

I have two IDX pointed to a SH a couple of weeks an error started flooding in from Splunkd. It looks to be for metrics.log file, but I cannot seem understand what the error is and have not been able to figure out a solution by searching the community forums. 

Essentially, the following errors continue to come in about 1000 errors an hour or so. It was only coming from 1 IDX at first, but now its coming from bother IDXs. 

Sample errors:

01-25-2021 16:50:16.946 +0000 ERROR STMgr - dir='/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/_metrics/db/hot_v1_49' unexpected rc=-104 (kw= sourcetype::splunk_metrics_log, len=31) warm_rc[0,2] from st_txn_put

01-25-2021 16:50:16.946 +0000 ERROR STMgr - dir='/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/_metrics/db/hot_v1_49' unexpected rc=-104 (kw= host::iinabqlvtsplidx2, len=23) warm_rc[0,2] from st_txn_put

01-25-2021 16:50:16.946 +0000 ERROR STMgr - dir='/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/_metrics/db/hot_v1_49' unexpected rc=-104 (kw= source::/opt/splunk/var/log/introspection/kvstore.log, len=54) warm_rc[0,2] from st_txn_put

01-25-2021 16:50:16.946 +0000 ERROR STMgr - dir='/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/_metrics/db/hot_v1_49' unexpected rc=-104 (kw=_catalog::spl.mlog.nullgroup.data.metrics.commands._mergeAuthzCollections.total|CN|O|component|data.$clusterTime.signature.hash.$binary|data.extra_info.note|data.host|data.mem.supported|data.metrics.repl.executor.networkInterface|data.metrics.repl.executor.shuttingDown|data.network.serviceExecutorTaskStats.executor|data.process|data.repl.electionId.$oid|data.repl.hosts|data.repl.ismaster|data.repl.me|data.repl.primary|data.repl.secondary|data.repl.setName|data.repl.tags.all|data.repl.tags.instance|data.security.SSLServerHasCertificateAuthority|data.security.SSLServerSubjectName|data.storageEngine.name|data.storageEngine.persistent|data.storageEngine.readOnly|data.storageEngine.supportsCommittedReads|data.tcmalloc.tcmalloc.formattedString|data.version|datetime|log_level, len=779) warm_rc[0,2] from st_txn_put

01-25-2021 16:50:16.946 +0000 ERROR STMgr - dir='/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/_metrics/db/hot_v1_49' unexpected rc=-104 (kw=_catalog::spl.mlog.nullgroup.data.globalLock.currentQueue.total|CN|O|component|data.$clusterTime.signature.hash.$binary|data.extra_info.note|data.host|data.mem.supported|data.metrics.repl.executor.networkInterface|data.metrics.repl.executor.shuttingDown|data.network.serviceExecutorTaskStats.executor|data.process|data.repl.electionId.$oid|data.repl.hosts|data.repl.ismaster|data.repl.me|data.repl.primary|data.repl.secondary|data.repl.setName|data.repl.tags.all|data.repl.tags.instance|data.security.SSLServerHasCertificateAuthority|data.security.SSLServerSubjectName|data.storageEngine.name|data.storageEngine.persistent|data.storageEngine.readOnly|data.storageEngine.supportsCommittedReads|data.tcmalloc.tcmalloc.formattedString|data.version|datetime|log_level, len=763) warm_rc[0,2] from st_txn_put

Basically the same error are repeating over and over again in a similar fasion.

Labels (3)

AlvaroFernandez
Engager

Same here since the migration to v8.0.9. 

No solution found so far

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...