Monitoring Splunk

Error STmgr - dir unexpected

MUmair_DOI
Engager

I have two IDX pointed to a SH a couple of weeks an error started flooding in from Splunkd. It looks to be for metrics.log file, but I cannot seem understand what the error is and have not been able to figure out a solution by searching the community forums. 

Essentially, the following errors continue to come in about 1000 errors an hour or so. It was only coming from 1 IDX at first, but now its coming from bother IDXs. 

Sample errors:

01-25-2021 16:50:16.946 +0000 ERROR STMgr - dir='/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/_metrics/db/hot_v1_49' unexpected rc=-104 (kw= sourcetype::splunk_metrics_log, len=31) warm_rc[0,2] from st_txn_put

01-25-2021 16:50:16.946 +0000 ERROR STMgr - dir='/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/_metrics/db/hot_v1_49' unexpected rc=-104 (kw= host::iinabqlvtsplidx2, len=23) warm_rc[0,2] from st_txn_put

01-25-2021 16:50:16.946 +0000 ERROR STMgr - dir='/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/_metrics/db/hot_v1_49' unexpected rc=-104 (kw= source::/opt/splunk/var/log/introspection/kvstore.log, len=54) warm_rc[0,2] from st_txn_put

01-25-2021 16:50:16.946 +0000 ERROR STMgr - dir='/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/_metrics/db/hot_v1_49' unexpected rc=-104 (kw=_catalog::spl.mlog.nullgroup.data.metrics.commands._mergeAuthzCollections.total|CN|O|component|data.$clusterTime.signature.hash.$binary|data.extra_info.note|data.host|data.mem.supported|data.metrics.repl.executor.networkInterface|data.metrics.repl.executor.shuttingDown|data.network.serviceExecutorTaskStats.executor|data.process|data.repl.electionId.$oid|data.repl.hosts|data.repl.ismaster|data.repl.me|data.repl.primary|data.repl.secondary|data.repl.setName|data.repl.tags.all|data.repl.tags.instance|data.security.SSLServerHasCertificateAuthority|data.security.SSLServerSubjectName|data.storageEngine.name|data.storageEngine.persistent|data.storageEngine.readOnly|data.storageEngine.supportsCommittedReads|data.tcmalloc.tcmalloc.formattedString|data.version|datetime|log_level, len=779) warm_rc[0,2] from st_txn_put

01-25-2021 16:50:16.946 +0000 ERROR STMgr - dir='/opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk/_metrics/db/hot_v1_49' unexpected rc=-104 (kw=_catalog::spl.mlog.nullgroup.data.globalLock.currentQueue.total|CN|O|component|data.$clusterTime.signature.hash.$binary|data.extra_info.note|data.host|data.mem.supported|data.metrics.repl.executor.networkInterface|data.metrics.repl.executor.shuttingDown|data.network.serviceExecutorTaskStats.executor|data.process|data.repl.electionId.$oid|data.repl.hosts|data.repl.ismaster|data.repl.me|data.repl.primary|data.repl.secondary|data.repl.setName|data.repl.tags.all|data.repl.tags.instance|data.security.SSLServerHasCertificateAuthority|data.security.SSLServerSubjectName|data.storageEngine.name|data.storageEngine.persistent|data.storageEngine.readOnly|data.storageEngine.supportsCommittedReads|data.tcmalloc.tcmalloc.formattedString|data.version|datetime|log_level, len=763) warm_rc[0,2] from st_txn_put

Basically the same error are repeating over and over again in a similar fasion.

Labels (3)

AlvaroFernandez
Engager

Same here since the migration to v8.0.9. 

No solution found so far

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...