Monitoring Splunk

Disable Master Node roles for DMC

lrudolph
Path Finder

Hi,

as described in the manual to configure the DMC, I have installed it now on a master node. The deployment looks like:

5 Clustered Indexers
1 Cluster Master
2 Search Heads
1 Deployment Server

All non-Indexers sent their data to the Indexers as recommended. So far everything works as expected, unfortunately within the DMC config the Master Node features the roles of "Cluster Master, Indexer, License Master and Search Head". Therefore, the server itself is shown in panels only meant for real Search Heads, Indexers of License Masters.

Is there a way to disable the roles of Indexer, License Master and Search Head on the Master Node? I'm still surprised some of them are even mentioned as e.g. the Master Node is a License Slave to a Search Head which is also the License Master.

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ibraylovskiy_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Go to Settings->General Setup page of DMC. For the instance you want to change click on Edit->Edit Server Roles in the Actions column in the table. You should see a dialog that will display current server roles. Uncheck the ones you don't want.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

lrudolph
Path Finder

Perfect, that worked. Thank you!

0 Karma

ibraylovskiy_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Go to Settings->General Setup page of DMC. For the instance you want to change click on Edit->Edit Server Roles in the Actions column in the table. You should see a dialog that will display current server roles. Uncheck the ones you don't want.

0 Karma

lrudolph
Path Finder

Forgot to add: This problem is one I have in Splunk 6.2.5 as well as 6.3.0.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...