Monitoring Splunk

Detect archive job

syamaguchi3
Explorer

Hi

I configured an archiving policy and I would like to notice when logs are archived. Is there any way to do so? I guess if an archive job is logged as system log, I can detect it in _internal index.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, the _internal log is your friend in this case.   This search should get you started.  Note that Splunk freezes/archives buckets rather than logs.  Any given log file may be in multiple buckets and a bucket may contain data from multiple sources.  It depends on your configuration.

index=_internal BucketMover component=BucketMover "freeze succeeded"

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

syamaguchi3
Explorer

Thank you!

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, the _internal log is your friend in this case.   This search should get you started.  Note that Splunk freezes/archives buckets rather than logs.  Any given log file may be in multiple buckets and a bucket may contain data from multiple sources.  It depends on your configuration.

index=_internal BucketMover component=BucketMover "freeze succeeded"

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...