Monitoring Splunk

DB Connect: Why am I getting error "Java Bridge Server is not running"?

boney_s
Explorer

I was working on SplunkDBconnect and all of a sudden i am getting the error Java Bridge server is not running.
I have searched in jBridge.log file and found the following error

ERROR Java process returned error code 1! Error: Initializing Splunk context... Environment: SplunkEnvironment{SPLUNK_HOME=C:\Program Files\Splunk,SPLUNK_DB=C:\Program Files\Splunk\var\lib\splunk} Configuring Log4j... [Fatal Error] :1:1: Premature end of file. Exception in thread "main" com.splunk.config.SplunkConfigurationException: Error creating PersistentValueStore type xstream: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException:  : Premature end of file.   at com.splunk.persistence.PersistentValueStoreFactory.createStoreInstance(PersistentValueStoreFactory.java:119)     at com.splunk.persistence.PersistentValueStoreFactory.createStore(PersistentValueStoreFactory.java:71)  at com.splunk.persistence.PersistentValueStoreFactory.createGlobalStore(PersistentValueStoreFactory.java:51)    at com.splunk.env.SplunkContext.initialize(SplunkContext.java:108)  at com.splunk.bridge.JavaBridgeServer.main(JavaBridgeServer.java:34) Caused by: com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException:  : Premature end of file.  at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.DomDriver.createReader(DomDriver.java:105)   at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.DomDriver.createReader(DomDriver.java:81)    at com.thoughtworks.xstream.XStream.fromXML(XStream.java:904)   at com.splunk.persistence.impl.XStreamStore.loadState(XStreamStore.java:113)    at com.splunk.persistence.impl.XStreamStore.<init>(XStreamStore.java:49)    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)     at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)  at com.splunk.util.Utils$Reflection.instantiate(Utils.java:880)     at com.splunk.persistence.PersistentValueStoreFactory.createStoreInstance(PersistentValueStoreFactory.java:117)     ... 4 more Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Premature end of file.     at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:257)   at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:347)  at com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.xml.DomDriver.createReader(DomDriver.java:98)    ... 14 more 
2014-11-13 13:14:06,858 ERROR Command output: None

Please help me guys. Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
1 Solution

vasanthmss
Motivator

Hi,

It could be because of the corruption in state.xml config file,

To resolve this issue, remove $SPLUNK_DB/persistentstorage/dbx/global, recursively.

Check this Link for more info

Cheers!

Vasu

V

View solution in original post

vasanthmss
Motivator

Hi,

It could be because of the corruption in state.xml config file,

To resolve this issue, remove $SPLUNK_DB/persistentstorage/dbx/global, recursively.

Check this Link for more info

Cheers!

Vasu

V

expab
Engager

Worked for me as well!

boney_s
Explorer

Thank you my friend. It worked.

delink
Communicator

I have the same issue with DBX, but this did not solve the issue.

0 Karma

boney_s
Explorer

I am not sure how can i help you. But what i did was, I uninstalled DBX, reinstalled it and then deleted those files recursively.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...