Monitoring Splunk

Can you help me figure out why my _audit and _internal index show status blank on mater-note?

SoknySplunk
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hello Splunk Community,

Do all you guys know why my _audit and _internal index show status blank on Mater-note?

0 Karma
1 Solution

adonio
Ultra Champion

this is probably because you dont have repFactor set on these indexes ....
when you push configurations, here indexes.conf to your peers, you will have to add that attribute, either for the [default] stanza (so it will apply to all indexes) or under each index stanza [my_index]
my assumption is that you have pushed your index configuration by the Master-Node (e.g. Cluster Master) but the _internal and _audit indexes still use the pre-built per indexer configuration
read here for more detail: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.3/Admin/Indexesconf
look for repFactor

hope it helps

View solution in original post

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

this is probably because you dont have repFactor set on these indexes ....
when you push configurations, here indexes.conf to your peers, you will have to add that attribute, either for the [default] stanza (so it will apply to all indexes) or under each index stanza [my_index]
my assumption is that you have pushed your index configuration by the Master-Node (e.g. Cluster Master) but the _internal and _audit indexes still use the pre-built per indexer configuration
read here for more detail: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.2.3/Admin/Indexesconf
look for repFactor

hope it helps

0 Karma

MoniM
Communicator

hi @SoknySplunk ,
can you run this btool command, you will get some information about the indexers:-
splunk cmd btool indexes list --debug

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...