Monitoring Splunk

Are there some tool/way to get the Splunk index/lookup usage in the system?

rayar
Contributor

I am looking for some tool/way to get the Splunk index/lookup usage in the system

for example to get all lookups that are not used in the system 

what is the best way to do it  ? 

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could find all the search strings from your dashboards and reports etc. using the ReST interface, and find all the instances of lookup. However, this assumes that your users aren't doing ad hoc queries using lookups which aren't already mentioned in the found searches. Also, the lookups are not necessarily hard coded in the searches and can be set dynamically through tokens. All of this seems a lot of effort, for potentially little reward?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could find all the search strings from your dashboards and reports etc. using the ReST interface, and find all the instances of lookup. However, this assumes that your users aren't doing ad hoc queries using lookups which aren't already mentioned in the found searches. Also, the lookups are not necessarily hard coded in the searches and can be set dynamically through tokens. All of this seems a lot of effort, for potentially little reward?

0 Karma

rayar
Contributor
0 Karma

rayar
Contributor

I understand but we are getting DistributedBundleReplication error once in a while so I want to avoid it 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...