Monitoring Splunk

Adding miliseconds to "duration"

Aqawelska
Observer

Hi all ,

I got this search query which checks the time difference between two events and it works great but I would like also to see the milliseconds of that calculation but at the moment it just shows H:MM:SS

"Duration" is which shows me the output from a toString eval but I would like it to show also milliseconds , anyone could help me out on this one ?

index="0200-pio_numb3r5_support-app" "HumanResourceImportJob" AND "transitioning from state 'Processing' to 'Succeeded'. Reason:" OR "transitioning from state 'Enqueued' to 'Processing'. Reason:" AND NOT OnStateUnapplied
| where host="AUDIINSA4919" OR host="AUDIINSA4304"
| stats 
     earliest(_time) AS Start_time 
     latest(_time) AS Finished_time 
     by host
| eval Latency=tostring(Finished_time-Start_time, "duration")<----- here
| table Start_time , Finished_time , Latency , host
| fieldformat Finished_time=strftime(Finished_time,"%d/%m/%y %H:%M:%S.%3N")
| fieldformat Start_time=strftime(Start_time,"%d/%m/%y %H:%M:%S.%3N")

Output is (latency should be H:MM:SS:milliseconds) :

Start_time                                   Finished_time                            Latency           host

119/05/22 03:30:03.00019/05/22 03:42:02.00000:11:59AUDIINSA4919
Labels (2)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this

| eval Latency=tostring(Finished_time-Start_time+0.000, "duration")
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...