Knowledge Management

workflow action not working in dashboard

mcbradford
Contributor

My workflow actions do not show up in the pulldown next to the event within dashboard? What do I need to change to get this to work. Also, view results is missing?

My title

<searchTemplate>my search
</searchTemplate>
  </event>

</row>
Tags (1)

emechler_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would start by reviewing the docs on Creating Workflow Actions. You should also ensure that the permissions are proper for the particular action you're not seeing. If it's owned by another user and private, you'll need to make it at least readable for the role you're logged in as.

Also ensure that the eventtype and fields you've tied the action to (if applicable) are present in the event list when you try to access the action.

0 Karma

TonyLeeVT
Builder

I am having the same issue. Permissions are global read which is fine. The workflow is not private. It will work just fine using Splunk search and reporting, however when I place a raw event table in the dashboard and attempt to activate the work flow via the Event Actions button, the workflow option is not there.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...