Knowledge Management

use lookup file content in splunk search

sowmya_prasanna
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hello Team,

I have a list of search names saved in csv format and resides in splunk as look up file(222 saved search names).
I want to see number of times that saved search triggered alert in a day for 1 week.
the search query I am using for the same is as follows "index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler alert_actions="*email*" status=success savedsearch_name=* " |timechart span=1d count by savedsearch_name

instead of * in the above query for the filed savedsearch_name I want to use the saved search name from lookup table (csv file) and get the result for each saved search present there.

could you please let me know how can I do that ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Funderburg78
Path Finder

I assume you are using a saved search to generate the csv file for the listed example.  If so, go into $Splunk_Home/etc/apps/Search/local/savedsearches.conf and find the name of the search you are using to generate the csv.  If you are using a cutom app, replace "Search" with the name of your App!

-Good Luck, Replay if you have questions 🙂

0 Karma

manjunathmeti
Champion

hi @sowmya_prasanna,
Try this. The column name in CSV file should be savedsearch_name

index=_internal sourcetype=scheduler alert_actions="*email*" status=success | append [| inputlookup csvfilename.csv] | timechart span=1d count(status) as count by savedsearch_name

If this reply helps you, an upvote/like would be appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...