Knowledge Management

saved searches populates wrong summary index

my_splunk
Path Finder

In our 5.0.2 Splunk version installation we have many simultaneous summary index-populating searches.

Sometimes summary indexes are populated in wrong way. For example, summary index A have not only data from saved search populating this index, but also data from another saved search, configurated to populate index B for example.
This issue is randomic and not on same indexes.

We have already and many times checked events producted from single saved searches and we have not found problems; also in logs there are no errors.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

magnuschill

I am experiencing the same issue, version 5.0.1. The search_name field and other additional fields that get created by the summary are all populated correctly, but the data source and index are incorrect.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...