Knowledge Management

knowledge object export in default.meta

nickstone
Path Finder

I've only found examples for export=system which is a global export. Can some someone direct me to a docs that shows a defined list of apps or roles I can export to specifically? Or is this not via default/local.meta?

I know export=none will be app spcific, but I'm after something like export=search which would be my app and search, but nothing else

valiquet
Contributor

You cannot export in other apps. Its either private, local or global. On the otherhands ES imports artifacts. I suggest you to set it global but to fine tune the entitlements. Even if its share globally, it won`t affect others.

0 Karma

nickstone
Path Finder

I'm not worried about entitlement, I'd rather not load configuration unnecessarily.

0 Karma

nickstone
Path Finder

I guess this is the bit that was mis-leading me:

• Objects that are exported to other apps or to system context have no change to their accessibility rules. Users must still have read access to the containing app, category, and object, despite the export.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Admin/Defaultmetaconf#default.meta.conf.spec

0 Karma

valiquet
Contributor

Correct. Depending of where I search I don't have the same commands for example. It's like little workbench.

0 Karma

valiquet
Contributor

What is the config?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...