Knowledge Management

datamodel command for multilevel data model child datasets

rajim
Path Finder

I want to run datamodel command to fetch the results from a child dataset which is part of a datamodel as shown in the attached screenshot. I am using the below query. But unfortunately it's not returning error. Can anybody please help me write the correct query for multilevel child dataset.

| datamodel Windows_Security_Event_Management Windows_Security_Events Account_Management_Events search

Error message:
Error in 'datamodel' command: Invalid argument: 'search'

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

p_gurav
Champion

Hi,

Can you try :

| datamodel Windows_Security_Event_Management Account_Management_Events search

View solution in original post

p_gurav
Champion

Hi,

Can you try :

| datamodel Windows_Security_Event_Management Account_Management_Events search

rajim
Path Finder

Yes it's working. Thank you.

So we don't need to refer the parent datamodel. right?
Also if I have another child data model of Account_Management_Events, then also is it fine to refer that data model after the data model id?

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

Yes you can directly search after datamodel name, because according to documents datamodel command only take 1 dataset name. Refer this doc:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.2/SearchReference/Datamodel

rajim
Path Finder

Thank you...
I had seen that document. there is "[ ]" enclosing the data set in that document. So I thought there might be multiple datasets. Anyway, thank you for your answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...