Knowledge Management

Where to find KVStore - Collections.conf in Splunk ITSI?

PowerPacked
Builder

Hi Guys

Where can we find KV Store - collections.conf in Splunk ITSI?

Our ITSI was on search head cluster & I don't see the storage/collections folder in SA-ITOA folder on search head?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi PowerPacked,

For this and other configuration scrutiny issues, btool will usually help.

For instance:

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk btool --debug collections list

Will give you a list of all the current configuration rolled up from all the available collections.conf files, with the --debug flag giving you the path to the config file.

You can pipe the list to less and search there for the collection in question, or otherwise redirect to a text file and search that way.

Please let me know if this answered your question! 😄

View solution in original post

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi PowerPacked,

For this and other configuration scrutiny issues, btool will usually help.

For instance:

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk btool --debug collections list

Will give you a list of all the current configuration rolled up from all the available collections.conf files, with the --debug flag giving you the path to the config file.

You can pipe the list to less and search there for the collection in question, or otherwise redirect to a text file and search that way.

Please let me know if this answered your question! 😄

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...