Knowledge Management

Where to find KVStore - Collections.conf in Splunk ITSI?

PowerPacked
Builder

Hi Guys

Where can we find KV Store - collections.conf in Splunk ITSI?

Our ITSI was on search head cluster & I don't see the storage/collections folder in SA-ITOA folder on search head?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi PowerPacked,

For this and other configuration scrutiny issues, btool will usually help.

For instance:

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk btool --debug collections list

Will give you a list of all the current configuration rolled up from all the available collections.conf files, with the --debug flag giving you the path to the config file.

You can pipe the list to less and search there for the collection in question, or otherwise redirect to a text file and search that way.

Please let me know if this answered your question! 😄

View solution in original post

muebel
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi PowerPacked,

For this and other configuration scrutiny issues, btool will usually help.

For instance:

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk btool --debug collections list

Will give you a list of all the current configuration rolled up from all the available collections.conf files, with the --debug flag giving you the path to the config file.

You can pipe the list to less and search there for the collection in question, or otherwise redirect to a text file and search that way.

Please let me know if this answered your question! 😄

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...