Knowledge Management

What is the meaning of "probable_cause = eventtype" when using anomalydetection command?

evgiles

When using the anomalydetection command the probable cause being returned is eventtype? What does this mean? I believe the event type for these events are all the same, yet this is being identified as the reason for the anomaly.

Ed

0 Karma

_jgpm_
Communicator

when I run anomalydetection probable_cause for me is the name of the field that is the outlier.

I'm trying to understand probable_cause_freq, max_freq, and log_Event_prob. The first 2 are [0,1] but the last one is [-21,11] and I can't find detailed documentation on the topic. I've only found \detectinganomalies and the MLTKcheatsheet.

My query is:
|inputcsv test.csv | anomalydetection "STD_A" "STD_B" action=annotate

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...