Knowledge Management

What are some good Splunk tips & tricks you know?

SplunkIsLife
Explorer

I write a monthly tips & tricks blog for Splunk users/consumers at my company but have steadily been running out of ideas. Anyone have anything they think is worth calling out? It can be as simple as a niche command, the idea of macros, alternatives to joins, really anything, fire away! The more the merrier. Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

SplunkIsLife
Explorer

eventstats, chart, appends, dashboards, _time manipulation, account settings, how to comment, permissions, cron, transforming commands, lookups, logTypes, regex, html panels, transpose, alternatives to joins, interesting fields, splunk toolbar, app enhancements.

I like the drilldowns idea! I don't use tstats much, i'll look into it. advanced use of lookups is | lookup or [ |inputlookup]?, don't use transaction super frequently but can look at that too. keep the ideas coming!

0 Karma

dflodstrom
Builder

What are some things you've already covered? Tstats is important, when to use stats instead of a transaction, "advanced" use of lookups, visualization tips like customizing drilldowns via the UI in later versions.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...