Knowledge Management

What are some good Splunk tips & tricks you know?

SplunkIsLife
Explorer

I write a monthly tips & tricks blog for Splunk users/consumers at my company but have steadily been running out of ideas. Anyone have anything they think is worth calling out? It can be as simple as a niche command, the idea of macros, alternatives to joins, really anything, fire away! The more the merrier. Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

SplunkIsLife
Explorer

eventstats, chart, appends, dashboards, _time manipulation, account settings, how to comment, permissions, cron, transforming commands, lookups, logTypes, regex, html panels, transpose, alternatives to joins, interesting fields, splunk toolbar, app enhancements.

I like the drilldowns idea! I don't use tstats much, i'll look into it. advanced use of lookups is | lookup or [ |inputlookup]?, don't use transaction super frequently but can look at that too. keep the ideas coming!

0 Karma

dflodstrom
Builder

What are some things you've already covered? Tstats is important, when to use stats instead of a transaction, "advanced" use of lookups, visualization tips like customizing drilldowns via the UI in later versions.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...