Knowledge Management

Things to do with splunk

prakash86

Hello All,
I am new to splunk. I have a question which I forwarded to splunk team for technical help but they didn't respond so I wish to ask here.
Is it possible for someone to create dashboards on splunk and share over internet with clients? let's say we have data and client needs insights on a real time dash board.
If yes, can someone kindly point out how is it possible. Do one need to buy enterprise version of splunk or install it on client's machine and then create dashboard there?
Splunk no doubt looks fascinating but I would like to know how much flexibility is being given to end user.
I hope to get guidance from you all. 🙂
Thank you so much in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

lguinn2
Legend

Yes, you can share a dashboard in a couple of ways. One is to write some code behind a web page; the other is to use a feature called "embedded reports." Embedded reports are very simple to set up, but they do not update in real time. The entity that has the data is the one who needs to purchase a Splunk license - anyone can look at the web page.

Read some of the basic information that is available about Splunk, and then ask more questions:

Exploring Splunk - this is a great book and the electronic version is free. It has some good info on "what you can do with Splunk."

Learn how to Use Splunk - this web page has links to videos, documentation, tutorials and classes (free and paid).

Blog entry on embedded reports

If you want to have a chat about how you can use Splunk, you can always call a sales rep or Splunk partner!

View solution in original post

lguinn2
Legend

Yes, you can share a dashboard in a couple of ways. One is to write some code behind a web page; the other is to use a feature called "embedded reports." Embedded reports are very simple to set up, but they do not update in real time. The entity that has the data is the one who needs to purchase a Splunk license - anyone can look at the web page.

Read some of the basic information that is available about Splunk, and then ask more questions:

Exploring Splunk - this is a great book and the electronic version is free. It has some good info on "what you can do with Splunk."

Learn how to Use Splunk - this web page has links to videos, documentation, tutorials and classes (free and paid).

Blog entry on embedded reports

If you want to have a chat about how you can use Splunk, you can always call a sales rep or Splunk partner!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...