Knowledge Management

The summary index exists, but why is the collect command not populating it with any data?

manisha_maxonic

Hello Team,

I am using the search below:

index="existing_index" |fields field1,field2| collect index="new_index"

I already verified that index is present. The search above shows a result when I run it on the search head, but when I use:

index="new_index"

to find a record in new_index, then data is not available. Please suggest the solution.

0 Karma

TiagoTLD1
Communicator

Does Splunk know that "new_index" is a summary index?

Create a saved search with that search and enable summary indexing

collect
Description
Adds the results of a search to a summary index that you specify. You must create the summary index before you invoke the collect command.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

Which user is actually running the search? Does that user have permission to see this index? Check the role.

0 Karma

manisha_maxonic

I am working on it from admin user and command was running properly from same user till last week. don't know what is wrong now.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...