Knowledge Management

Smartstore configuration multisite cluster

raviadapa
Engager

Hi,

I am working on a project for a client to implement Splunk as a primary logging platform. I have designed the solution to use a multisite cluster across two aws regions. I am struggling to get how i can deploy smartstore in the two regions, which basically will have ind in region A connect to smartstore and ind in region B conn to smartstore in region B. Can you provide an example of this type of configuration.

Regards

Ravi

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

raviadapa
Engager

Hi, Thx for the response. I am talking about a multisite cluster stretched two regions. This is a single cluster across two regions.

0 Karma

raviadapa
Engager

Hi Richgalloway,

Thx for the reply. I will read see the recommended solutions below.

Regards

Ravi

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It sounds like you want the indexer clusters to share a SmartStore.  Don't.  Each cluster should have it's own, separate S2 .

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

srajarat2
Path Finder

Isn't it what a multi-site smartstore should have, a single smartstore shared by the indexers from two sites that are part of the same cluster?  

Also if they are part of the same cluster, wouldn't Cluster Manager push the indexes.conf across all sites which means, the remote volume details has to be the same across the indexers on each site (like the endpoint, bucket name, credentials)?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...